You know that staying active is a huge predictor of longevity and a good quality of life. But you can get bruised, sprained, twisted, and even seriously injured while participating in the exercise and sports you love.
At City Chiropractic and Wellness, Dr. Max Heller and Dr. Neil Patel offer a combination of exceptional compassion combined with years of experience treating patients who are dealing with sports-related injuries of all kinds. Our rehab program can help you get back in the game safely and more quickly.
Whether your activity of choice is weekend warrior adult soccer, spirited Spin classes, or power yoga, you run, jump, bend, crouch, and stretch a good deal. Chances are you won’t always execute every move with perfection or ideal timing, or you simply may perform them too many times.
This is when injury occurs and you show up in your doctor’s office not knowing whether you need an ace bandage or surgery. City Chiropractic and Wellness offers integrative solutions that are the midpoint between these two ends of the treatment scale.
Types of sports injuries
The injuries we see at City Chiropractic and Wellness reflect the most common sports and activities that adults engage in:
- Overuse injuries befall athletes who play games that require repetitive movements like golf, running, and tennis
- Plantar fasciitis is severe foot pain with roots in a patient’s alignment and posture; it occurs when connective tissues in your arch are inflamed
- Spine injuries happen most in those who play heavy contact sports like football; these injuries run the gamut from misalignment to herniated discs and whiplash
- Chronic joint pain is another malady that disproportionately affects people who are performing repetitive movements that involve jumping and landing
- Muscle and ligament tears result from athletic movements that require players to quickly pivot; basketball is a prime example of this
A complementary approach to treating sports injuries
At City Chiropractic and Wellness, we’re proponents of physiotherapy — a coordinated care system that offers multiple approaches to sports rehab that work together. The primary foundation of physiotherapy is a physician-sanctioned movement plan that’s customized to you and that you begin as soon as possible after injury.
Not unlike patients recovering from certain surgeries who are encouraged to get up and walk the hospital floor soon after their procedure, movement after a sports injury foils one of the primary villians in the healing process: inflammation.
When physiotherapy is used in conjunction with other options from our treatment menu — such as chiropractic care, massage therapy, and interactive education — you not only heal more quickly from your injury, but you also lower your chances of future injury.
Effective sports injury rehab
We take a holistic and individualized approach to your care here at City Chiropractic and Wellness. After all, your body and needs are individual.
Our treatments and easy-to-execute restorative exercise programs are pinpointed to your specific injury and are practical and patient-friendly. We work with you to restore strength and function after an injury so you don’t miss out on doing the things you love.
We want to do everything possible to get you off the bench and back in the game again as quickly and safely as possible. Begin your journey to pain-free wellness by contacting us at our convenient Midtown, New York, office. Call us today or book an appointment online via our booking tool.